Improve Your Alignment
In more severe cases, corrective jaw surgery at Farrow & Dewbre Orthodontics can help you achieve the results you want to see.
About Corrective Jaw Surgery
Corrective jaw surgery moves your teeth and jaws into positions that are more balanced, functional, and healthy.
Whether your needs include improving your bite and function, appearance, or speech, corrective jaw surgery can have a dramatic and positive effect on your outlook on life.
Dr. Farrow and Dr. Dewbre are here to work together with you to help you achieve a beautiful, functional, pain-free smile that will last for the rest of your life.
Benefits of Corrective Jaw Surgery
Coming to Farrow & Dewbre Orthodontics to correct any of the above conditions is a commitment, not only to your health, but to your happiness as well.
While treatment, which may include surgery and orthodontic treatment, may take several years to complete, your results will last a lifetime.
Who Can Benefit from Jaw Surgery?
In some cases, your upper and lower jaws may have grown at different rates. Injuries and birth defects may also affect jaw alignment.
While orthodontics can usually correct problems when only the teeth are misaligned, corrective jaw surgery may be necessary to correct any misalignment of the jaws.
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, you may be an excellent candidate for corrective jaw surgery:
- Difficulty chewing, biting food, or swallowing
- Chronic jaw or jaw joint (TMJ) pain and headache
- Excessive wear of the teeth
- Chronic mouth breathing and dry mouth
- Sleep apnea (breathing problems when sleeping, including snoring)
- Open bite (space between the upper and lower teeth when the mouth is closed)
- Unbalanced facial appearance from the front or side
- Facial injury or birth defects
- Receding chin
- Protruding jaw
- Inability to make the lips meet without straining
There’s no reason to live with painful, uncomfortable jaw conditions. Contact our offices in Edmond, Oklahoma City, Clinton, or Deer Creek to learn about the best treatment option for you, your needs, and your smile.