Meet Your Elk City Orthodontist
Dr. Melissa Farrow is a private practice orthodontic specialist in Oklahoma City, Edmond, Deer Creek, and Western Oklahoma has transformed thousands of smiles since 2007.
Over the past 15 years, Dr. Farrow built a team that truly feels like an extended family. This team has a genuine interest, concern and compassion for each other, their patients, and their patient's families.
The team works hard, has fun, and delivers amazing orthodontic experiences in an inviting atmosphere!
Born and raised in Texas but a transplant to Oklahoma, you will find him very personable and easy to talk to, a good listener, a caring provider, and a perfectionist.
Why an Orthodontist in Elk City?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, our doctors have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Elk City Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Elk City orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.